Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Orleans

A couple of years ago, I took a trip to New Orleans with a friend so we could cat-sit for her relatives who live there. Yes, you heard correctly, I said cat-sit. All I heard was "vacation with a free place to stay and the opportunity to wander around New Orleans for a week," and I was in. My friend's relatives put us up in their lovely house, and we spent the week exploring the French District, walking up and down Magazine Street, eating delicious pastries from a local french bakery, playing with the crazy kitty, and riding the trolley everywhere we went instead of taking the bus, because it was just so much fun :)

Here was the house we stayed in. I loved all the tall doorways and high ceilings and fireplaces in almost every room!







Here were a few by the French Quarter.





And of course, we can't forget the reason we took this trip in the first place......that cute kitty....




No comments:

Post a Comment